Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Introducing Me

My name is Hayley. I'm 20 years old and I am currently in my second semester at Eastern Michigan University. I came to Eastern for their teaching program originally, but upon further investigation, I realized I do not want to teach anymore. Instead, I want to look into the Creative Writing Program. 
I have loved reading and writing since elementary school. As I got older, reading and writing became therapeutic. I was lonely and sad and no one wanted to hear what I had to say, so writing allowed me to talk to the page.
When i was 16, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I did not have a support system; I had no one to help me besides my therapist. 
Recently, I created a writing blog on tumblr. It forces me to write at least once a day and it is extremely therapeutic. 
I took Intro to Creative Writing as a test; if I can do well in this class, maybe my writing is good enough to make it a career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment