Thursday, February 12, 2015

On Goldberg

The section that caught my eye was the chapter titled "Baking a Cake", mostly because I love cake and I was pretty hungry when I was in class. I related to the chapter a lot because when I write, I start out with one or two thoughts or ideas. From there I let the words flow and fall from my mind and in the end, the writing turns into something completely different than what I started with.

For example, the other night I started writing something, thinking it was going to be about love. It started out being about someone, but about half way through it changed into more of an explanation of myself. I had not planned it that way, but that's what came out of my head. I don't always love everything I write in the beginning, but as I read it over again and make changes, I grow to love it.

I loved the part when she talked about the cake/ writing being the hippie child that the parents won't accept. Your writings are like your children; some of them are great, some of them are okay, and some of them turn out kind of bad. However, you have to love and accept each one, no matter how they turn out.

1 comment: